Agar gelling agent
- vegetable gelling and binding agent
- vegetable alternative to gelatine
- packaged in 30 g bags
- as a gelling agent when making jams and jellies.
- for firm jelly dishes and terrines
- to shape puddings, sorbets, ice cream, panna cotta…
Dosage: approx. 1 heaped teaspoon (3.5 g) corresponds to about 6 leaves of gelatine and sets 500 ml of liquid For hot mixtures: mix 3.5 g with 100 ml of liquid. Stir into the remaining liquid. Boil for 2 min at low temperature. Leave to set for 3 hours in the fridge. For cold mixture: mix 3.5 g with 100 ml of the liquid. Boil for 1 min at a low temperature. Leave to cool slightly, then gradually stir in the cold ingredients. Leave to gel for 3 hours in the fridge.
Store in a dry place, protected from heat.